WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients and our professional staff with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management and operational needs. As a US nationally ranked Top 25 firm, Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum’s Auditing and Attest Engagement services are the cornerstone of our firm. Withum’s audit and advisory team possess the expertise necessary to give stakeholders confidence in financial information.
This team provides audit services, review and compilation services and other agreed upon audit procedures to a variety of client sizes and industries.
As an Audit Senior in our Withum India office you will work alongside an integrated team of US and India based accounting professionals. In this position, you will take a role on all aspects of audit engagements, from planning to completion, which include supervision/mentoring of staff and building/maintaining relationships with clients.
Withum’s brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, easy to work with a sense of purpose and caring for their co-workers and whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive – to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way,
promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You’ll Spend Your Time :
• Lead the engagement team staff on the planning and execution of an audit, review or compilation engagement
• Provide supervision and support to the engagement staff and promote open communication to the engagement manager and partner.
• Collaborate with managers and partners on client issue resolution and make recommendations for any legal, regulatory and accounting issues that arise during an audit engagement
• Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to meet client deadlines
• Create and track engagement budgets to review for inefficiencies that may arise during the audit
• Conduct constructive discussions with team members on their evaluations and providing counsel accordingly
• Minimum 5+ years of post-qualification hands-on experience with U.S. accounting firm;
• Working towards Chartered Accountancy is preferred;
• Experience and knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards is required;
• Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills;
• Strong command of the English Language, both written and verbal communication;
• Strong commitment to an entrepreneurial work ethic;
• Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations;
• Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects;
• Ability to communicate and operate as a team with the Domestic (US) engagement teams; and
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, and proven innovative problem solving skills.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
▶️ Senior Auditor: General / Commercial