Role : Manager – Data Analytics
Location : Mumbai
Experience : 3+ years
Why should you look at this role?
– Health Insurance
– Annual Leave
– Provident Fund
One of ‘India’s Best Companies to Work For’ by The Great Place to Work- Institute, India Ranked ‘Best Multinational Workplaces in Asia’ by The Great Place to Work- Institute, Asia ‘Top 25 Best Employers in India 2016’ by AON Hewitt Fortune 500’s ‘India’s Largest Corporations’
Forbes ‘India’s Super 50 Companies’
Company size : 5000-10,000 employees
Your Superpowers :
– BE/BTech/ MS in Computer Science or related fields or extensive software development experience.
– 3+ years of hands-on development experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack
– Hands on experience in Data Platform like Oracle, Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, PowerBI
Demonstrates proficiency in the development and administration at least one of the following areas :
a. Back-end data integration and architecture including dimensional data modeling, database design, data warehousing, ETL development, and performance tuning.
b. Front-end reporting and analytics platforms including OLAP cube design, tabular data modeling, Power Pivot, Power BI Report and Dashboard development.
c. Extremely strong SQL skills
Foundational knowledge of the following areas :
a. Metadata management
b. Master Data Management
c. Data Governance
d. Data Analytics :
– Thorough understanding of different phase of system development like system architecture, design, develop, deploy, performance monitoring & optimization.
– Good knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL) should be hands-on in PL/SQL queries & optimization techniques.
What You will do Everyday?
– Responsible for timely completion of project related activities as well as ensuring quality of output in the application development process.
– Wholly responsible for ensuring delivery of specific project module as per the defined timelines and within the allocated budget as defined by the Project Manager
– Lead the development of applications/modules based on request from stakeholders.
– Lead the user requirement definition and functional requirement documentation.
– Discuss agree and document the scope of project with Project Manager & Stakeholders.
– Oversee and support the design, development and implementation of data warehousing, reporting and analytics solutions that deliver information efficiently,
with the end goal to solve business challenges and achieve business objectives
– Provide oversight and expertise in Data Modeling and Database Design
– Architect and develop data models, ETL packages, OLAP cubes, and reports utilizing Power BI applying best practices to the development lifecycle
– Documentation of source-to-target mappings, data dictionaries, and database design
– Identify areas of improvement to optimize data flows
– Installation and Administration of Microsoft SQL Server
– Signoff the technical implementation of new data uses cases.
– Active user engagement (Be a part of Key Customer Interactions).
– Manage stakeholders during the life cycle of a project.
– Ensure Zero Downtime on production modules.
– Follow the defined protocols and procedures for the development and testing process and ensure the same is implemented by the team.
– Liaise with the vendor on projects involving a third party vendor for either the development phase or the testing phase
– Ensure all vendor related activities are conducted as per the SLAs; highlight issues, if any, to the Project Manager
– Conduct the roll out and implementation of the entire application for the user/ external customer in coordination with other team leads / vendors.
– Ensure Secure coding standards are followed based on OWASP framework
– Prepare detailed documentation on the developed application for record purposes as well as for user training.
– Provide direction and guidance to BI developers on a continuous basis throughout the project related activity.
– Code reviews are done along with Unit testing & feedbacks are implemented.
– Recommend trainings to be administered to team members for enhancement of technical skills.
– Lead and mentor developers.
Key Result Areas and Key Performance Indicators :
1. Development of specific part of the application as a project module
– Cycle time of development, testing, implementation and launch of the project module
– Capture of user requirements as technical specifications for the purpose of development
– Adherence to the project module development / testing schedule
– Adherence to the estimated development costs for the specific part of the application or business solution
2. Preparation of up-to-date documentation in the development of the project module
– Timely preparation of detailed documentation on the specific feature of the application being developed
– Timely update the project progress activities
3. Conduct implementation and roll out of application and respond to user queries on the functionalities of the application
– Ensure user queries resolved immediately and escalated for resolution on the specific features and performance of the application
– Quality of service provided to users in the response to application related queries
– Satisfaction scores of the users on the functionality, quality and utility of the developed application
Reporting structure :
General Manager – System Development
About the Employer :
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia’s premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 35,000 locations in India.
As part of Deutsche Post DHL Group’s DHL eCommerce Solutions division, Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories, and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding, supply chain solutions, customs clearance etc.
▶️ Manager – Data Analytics