Benefits & Perks
Work from home, Health insurance, Paid time off
Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Work from home
Full Job Description
At Cavista, our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions. We ensure the highest level of client satisfaction through a global network of innovation, and our software solutions are custom-built to accommodate your domain and requirements.
Through world-class consultation, innovative IT solutions and personalized client services, Cavista increases operational efficiency for organizations of all sizes.
Cavista is searching for great talent in Lagos, Nigeria. We are an open, agile environment, where transparent conversation ignites collaboration with a team of great thinkers. In Cavista, everyone freely contributes, ideas override egos, and the best idea always wins.
We embrace new technologies and pride ourselves on sustainable and quality code. In our world, opportunity paired with imagination is limitless and we build what others can only hope to dream. We build the best because we hire only the best! We’ve created an atmosphere allowing you to produce your best work, by catering to the creative.
This is a full-time role and you can work from ANYWHERE.
An innovative MySQL Database Administrator to assist in developing and creating cutting-edge solutions for the healthcare industry. This is an opportunity to develop and create cutting-edge solutions for our products and services while being part of an extraordinary team.
This role will ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its processes and coaching its people. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes.
What you will experience…
– Work from Anywhere – Flexibility that allows you to work where you are most comfortable, whether at home, at work, or a combination of both.
– A fast-paced, collaborative team-oriented environment that encourages everyone to bring their authentic self to work every day.
– Professional development for career growth and advancement.
– Competitive compensation with a full selection of benefits, including company-matching 401k contributions and 20 days of paid time off + holidays + birthdays.
Who we are…
It’s simple. We do business differently,
by empowering our team to create fresh ideas which impact lives everywhere. We don’t just dream it; we do it every day at Axxess, we bring life-changing technology to healthcare impacting the way people work, learn and grow their business. Our edge does not come from our technology, it comes from our people. We work as one team with a common goal to create shared success benefiting everyone.
What you will do…
– Participate in daily operations to support the business.
– Optimizing database (SQL calls) for max performance
– Collaborate with management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
– Collaborate in operational processes and performance, recommend solutions for improvement.
– Experience with SQL and stored routines.
– Experience working with HA Proxy,
ProxySQL or MaxScale will be a plus.
– Working knowledge with AWS database technologies like Aurora, RDS.
– Monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
– Maintain relationships with all technology team members, external partners, and vendors to provide input regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
– Monitor and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
– Perform technical troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate and correct data and database issues.
What you bring…
– Required – 5 years of MySQL management experience.
– Required – Experience in MySQL configuring HA and clustering solutions.
– Required – Large scale MySQL deployments.
– Required – MySQL sharding architecture and techniques.
– Ability to work with Linux/Unix based OS Environment.
– MS SQL experience is a plus.
– Software as a service industry experience is a plus.
– Cloud experience is a plus
– Strong communication, interpersonal and professional skills.
– Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
– Demonstrated ability to solve problems and anticipate customer needs.
– Demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities and manage multiple tasks.
Cavista offers even more
– Competitive Compensation.
– 5 – day workweek.
– Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
– Wellness Programs
– Employee Training Programs
– Growth and Development
– Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
– Mentoring and Counseling