Shinja specializes in developing Management Information Systems (MIS) which focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making. Each MIS developed is aligned to the needs of the customer and is based on generating outputs analyses huge volume of data in the shortest possible time.
Database Management Systems research on different areas include:
- Spatiotemporal and image databases,
- Information retrieval,
- Content-based information retrieval,
- Data management issues on the web and social networks,
- Querying and indexing on data types,
- Knowledge discovery in databases,
- Data mining, spatial data mining, web mining,
- Database aspects of multimedia.