The role involves performing credit investigation and analyzing complex and diverse credit information for companies and industries for Commercial loans (including real estate asset class). Functions include but not limited to: (a) Performing loan modification/service/monitoring activities (b) Analyzing borrower information, financial statements, tax returns and collateral to determine accuracy of risk ratings
In this role, you will:
– • Evaluate financial performance of companies / borrower / guarantor / commercial real estate asset class based on a variety of factors including past and current performance, management projections and market changes over the time period.
• This would include review of various financial statements,
such as balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, and statement of changes in equity.
• Perform market research using various third party applications and compare performance of borrowing entity against market data to draw conclusion of overall performance.
• Determine appropriate risk rating, both qualitative and quantitative based on performance during the review time period and compare it against bank’s credit guidelines.
• Document and synthesize findings based on above mentioned reviews into a credit report which would be for presented to lending officers and / or approval committees.
• Understand the feedback received from the reviewers and implement the same in their day to day work.
• Quality check of work performed by junior team members and provide appropriate feedback on the same.
Required Qualifications, International:
– Experience in Commercial Banking Portfolio Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following:
work experience, training, military experience, education.
– MBA (Finance /Banking), Cost and Management Accountancy, Chartered Accountancy or post- graduation in Economics.
– 4 – 8 years of overall commercial credit experience across diversified asset class (includes corporate entities and real estate asset class)
• Good knowledge on financial statements for various industries with ability to ascertain trends, ratios and call out key risks when compared to benchmarks (historical and industry performance).
• Good knowledge of Discounted Cash Flow, Comparable Company, and Precedent Transaction analysis. Working experience with Moody’s Risk Analytics would be a plus.
• Experience in assessing credit worthiness of borrower based on various qualitative and quantitative factors
• Excellent communication skills, with special focus on business writing skills for credit reports.
• Ability to read, comprehend and synthesize data regarding borrower performance / market related information from multiple sources into one prescribed template.
• Intermediary to advanced excel skills would be a plus
Posting End Date:
19 Feb 2024
*Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations,
timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates,
including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo .
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
▶️ Commercial Banking Portfolio Manager-6
🖊️ Wells Fargo