By applying to this position yourapplication is automatically considered for the range ofEngineering leadership roles we have at Wayfair. If we think youmight be a fit a recruiter will reach out to learn more about yourbackground and discuss relevant positions in moredetail.
At Wayfair we are well on theway to becoming the worlds number one online destination for allthings home. Our core belief is that everyone should live in a homethey love. We make this possible by ensuring our 24 millioncustomers have all the technology and innovation they need at theirfingertips to give them access to our more than 33 million productswhich are provided by our 23000 awesome global suppliers.
Bengaluru is home to our brand new strategictechnology delivery center and will be critical to achieving ourfuture growth plans. We are looking for best in class Engineers tocome in and help scale our technical products and teams alike as wecontinue on our path to be the worlds number one online destinationfor the home. As one of the early members of the team here in ourstrategic technology delivery center you will partner closely withour technology and business leaders from around the world to helpbuild the platform to support our growth plans to $50B USD andbeyond in the next 3 to 5 years.
The team in theBengaluru delivery center can work across multiple domains thatdrive speed and convenience for the customer and cost efficiencyacross the full value chain. The work we do at Wayfair means wehave to move quickly collaborating with the best and brightestengineers creatives product managers data scientists and analyststo discover build and scale worldclass softwareproducts.
If you love to solve real businessproblems at scale in a fastpaced high growth and agile environmentthis is the role for you!
What You WillDo:
– Flex your strength and knowledgeon Java DevOps and microservicedevelopment.
– Ensure services are built toindustry best practices including observability architecturalpatterns and interteam dependency mechanisms (likeSLOs)
– Work in the critical domain designing& building a platform that interfaces with many differentsystems within and outside Wayfair and partnerglobally.
– Write code to implement highqualityscalable futureproof services that will have effective systemboundaries and will support longterm vision &strategy;
– Conduct technical debate across anentire platform and help come to durable documentedconclusions
– Drive highimpact architecturalsolutions and handson development including inception designexecution and delivery following good design and codingpractices
– Obsessively focus on productionreadiness for the team including testing monitoring deploymentdocumentation and proactivetroubleshooting
– Identify risks and gaps intechnical approaches and propose solutions to meet the departmentstechnical vision
– Work closely with productmanagers designers and peer engineering teams to define projectrequirements and executionplans
What you bring to thetable
– 3 years of experience inengineering with a preference for candidates with a mix of startupand largecompany experience
– eComm domainexpertise is a bonus
– Handson experience drivingsoftware transformations within highgrowth environments atscale
– Experienced in architecting and buildinglargescale cloudbased and eventdriven systems across variousprojects
– Excellent communication skills withdemonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability toinfluence results
– GCP target cloudplatform experience with AWS/Azure atscale
– Distributed microservice architectureswith well architected domain boundaries
– Highvolume async messaging architectures
– Largescale relational and NoSQL style datastores
– Common open source platforms tools andframework eg: Kafka Kubernetes Containerization Java microservicesGraphQL APIs Aerospikeetc
Assistance forIndividuals withDisabilities
Wayfair is fullycommitted to providing equal opportunities for all individualsincluding individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitmentWayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physicalor mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilitiesunless doing so would impose an undue hardship on businessoperations. If you require a reasonable accommodation toparticipate in the job application or interview process please letus know by completing our .
For more informationabout applying for a career at Wayfair visit our .
Wayfair is one of the worlds largestonline destinations for the home. Whether you work in our globalheadquarters in Boston or Berlin or in our warehouses or officesthroughout the world were reinventing the way people shop for theirhomes.
Through our commitment to industryleading technology andcreative problemsolving we are confident that Wayfair will be hometo the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking forrapid growth constant learning and dynamic challenges then youllfind that amazing career opportunities areknocking.
No matter who you are Wayfair is aplace you can call home. Were a community of innovators risktakersand trailblazers who celebrate our differences and know that ourunique perspectives make us stronger smarter and wellpositioned forsuccess. We value and rely on the collective voices of ouremployees customers community and suppliers to help guide us as webuild a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice everyperspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equalopportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of racecolor ethnicity ancestry religion sex national origin sexualorientation age citizenship status marital status disability genderidentity gender expression veteran status genetic information orany other legally protected characteristic.
Weare interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months toconsider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personaldata is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice(which can found here: ). If you have any questions regarding ourprocessing of your personal data please contact us at . If youwould rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytimeat
▶️ Software EngineeringBackend