About A.P. Moller Maersk
A.P. Moller – Maersk (Maersk) is an integrated container logistics company and member of the A.P. Moller Group. Connecting and simplifying trade to help our customers grow and thrive. With a dedicated team of around 95000, operating in 130 countries; we go all the way to enable global trade for a growing world.
About AMET University
AMET is India’s first private maritime university and the only university in India to be a member of the International Association of Maritime Universities. AMET has over 3400 students pursuing programmes ranging from Diploma to Doctoral programs under 4 schools and 2 intensive research and training centres
Maersk Cadet Program, in collaboration with AMET University provides you the opportunity to earn your degree in maritime studies, under the influence of Maersk’s global standards.
This program offers education for both Deck and Engine Cadets via. it’s recognized courses on B.Sc. Nautical Science and B.E. Marine Engineering. Upon successful completion of your course, you shall have the opportunity to experience:
✓ The name: Start you career with the largest container shipping company in the world.
✓ Diverse & Inclusive workplace: Experience equal opportunity employment with exposure to diverse nationalities.
✓ Culture: Be a part of organization that is driven by core values across levels.
✓ Sea time:12 months of sea time experience in Maersk vessels after completion of Pre Sea College Training at AMET Chennai.
✓ Remuneration: Earn not less than USD 450 per month during Onboard Cadet Training in Maersk vessels.
It is the responsibility of the cadet to ensure that he/she complies with Comapny procedure:
1. Maintain Minimum CGPA score of 6.5, with no arrears in all semesters.
2. No disciplinary/behaviour issues whilst pursuing B.Tech/BSc program.
3. The cadet is a potential officer and therefore expected to act like one both on and off duty.
4. The cadet should behave with a good example to others, and show diligence and interest in any task, assignment or training on board the vessel.
5. The cadet should prompt assertiveness in all matters related to his/her training on board and in all matters in general.
6. The cadet is urged to use all resources and time as his/her disposal to enhance and further their education. Whilst the Master and his/her crew provide the necessary environment and forum for the cadet to improve his/her learning skills, the bonus of education/training rests equally with the individual.
7. Maintaining the Training Record book is the responsibility of the individual cadet.
We are looking for
✓ AMET Online CET
✓ AMET Psychometric Test
✓ Personal Interview by MAERSK
✓ Medical Fitness as per DGS Guidelines.
Note: The selection process is and shall always be based on merit. Maersk has not appointed any agency or individual to undertake the selection process on Maersk’s behalf. Maersk does not charge any amount for applying for this selection drive.
If you are approached by any person, company, agency etc. who has demanded financial remuneration for Maersk’s Indian Cadet Selection, please report it immediately, by writing to us at [email protected]
Any candidate found using forged documents, unfair means, influence etc. during stage of recruitment will be disqualified and expelled from this program. We are not liable for any losses incurred due to this.
We wish everyone a great success for the wonderful career ahead at sea
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
India Mumbai Local Seafarers
Last application date: 30/5/2022