Job Description of General Manager & Cluster Head
Position General Manager & Cluster Head
Reporting to Regional Director
Qualification Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management / Any Specialization in F&B or
hospitality related field
Experience 17plus years of experience in handling the Operations Department / F&B
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILTIES: (Incharge of entire Operations of the zone)
• All incident reports and timely closures of guest feedback on [email protected] and Mystery Audits.
• Renewal of contracts and agreements on time.
• Sharing of learning of complaints with other units.
• Daily MIS and discussion thereof with unit heads (UHs).
• Competition alertness on ATP, RPP, Menu rates, Ticket rates, new service levels, on-screen and off-
screen advertising, service and housekeeping standards.
• Daily competitors analysis Rates, promotions to be sent to Regional Director and Vice President
• All promotions, task, alignments of SOPs etc. are addressed within 72 hours in the unit.
• Reports to be sent across by units without delays or reminders.
• Supervises multiple units, as well as full responsibilities for one property.
• Leave no point pending (related to all departments, Capex, approvals, R&M,) for a duration that is in excess of 7 working days, and escalate all points which are pending in excess of 15 days to the Regional Director.
• Visiting units in the same city at least once a week. Outstation units to be coordinated with Regional Director.
• Detailed internal audit points are discussed with all Unit Heads and action taken are circulated with all concerned.
• Profit and loss statements are discussed and all related cost issues are discussed closed and action within 48 hours.
• Comply with all corporate accounting procedures, by raising queries in the following reports:
COGS – Daily Cash Reconciliation – Sales Summary – RDR Exceptions Report MRP – Unsold
Unpunched – ATP – RPP – Yield report daily and weekly.
• Update shortage of manpower and action on the same.
• Cash Shortage reports to be discussed with UHs at least once a week.
• HLP consumption to be checked at least once a week.
• Analyzing ongoing promotions and deriving outcomes which deliver tangible business result.
• Ensure that that Unit Heads are conducting the Weekly Training session.
• Ensure that weekly programing pricing is discussed with the Unit Heads.
• Escalations of all Units concerns are done without any delays.
• Ensure Unit Visits are done on regular basis with thorough property round along with the checklist.
• Guide Unit & General Managers in meeting and exceeding Business goals. (ATP – RPP –
Occupancy – Market Revenue – Promotions).
• Meet quarterly with staff on a one-to-one basis (Unit Manager – General Manager – Operations
Managers – Duty Managers).
• Conduct monthly review meetings with the Unit and General Managers to discuss business
plans and drive business initiatives.
• Ensure all staff participates in all products – process and people related training.
• Promote empowerment by recognizing team members that make decisions.
• Communicate career opportunities to Operations Manager (Heading a Unit), Unit Managers and
• Guide Unit and General/in understanding business plans and how they can be achieved.
• Ensure that Results, business plans are implemented to aggressively drive and attack
• Conduct post review meetings with Unit and General Managers to ensure that plans are
monitored closely and unit heads are in sync with the business being driven in the respective
• Ensure that Quarterly Service Training Reports are analyzed and shared by L&D and HR. Training
is implemented through Departmental trainers and other corporate training resources.
• Guide the Unit and General Managers in achieving the skill levels required to perform the
• Conduct one-on-ones with Unit and General Managers, Covering all units weekly.
• Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and complete. Make sure Unit heads –
Operations Managers – Duty Managers – Team Leaders understand all INOX standards and
• Visiting the units in the same city at least once a week. Outstation units to be coordinated with
• All property round points from the corporate office need to be closed with updated to all
• Guide the Unit and General Managers in achieving the skill levels required to perform the
Colleagues & Team:
• Communicate all goals and results with Unit Managers and General Managers.
• Promote teamwork and morale by demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and team related concerns.
• Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
• Implement annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
• Utilize budgets to train Unit Managers and General Manager to understand financial objectives.
Balancing costs with teams/guests satisfaction.
• Develop and communicate selling strategies, utilizing SHOWBIZZ & SAP inventory and SHOWBIZZ &
SAP reports control, and other forecasting tools. • Review these weekly with Regional Director.
• Oversee all accounting functions, including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash,
payroll an ordering procedures.
Sales & Marketing:
• Implement and encourage unit participation in corporate national sales and marketing
• Must ensure that sales calls are made. Client Visits/Calls must be done 3 times a week for 3-4
hours. For self as well as Unit heads.
• Communicate competitive market conditions to team supervisors and cluster managers.
• Review SHOWBIZZ & SAP COGS reports inventory controls and selling strategies daily to check
effectiveness of the marketing and food promotions.
• Monitor group block bookings and institutional selling numbers and direct billing processes.
• Ensure that all Duty Managers and Operations Managers understand selling strategies.
• Assist the regional sales and marketing team with preparing the annual revenue budget and
annual marketing plan.
• Maintain rapport with competitors, lead sources, clients, and the local community.
• Review monthly period end reports.
• Ensure that training plans get implemented for cross-training of all associates and the team.
• Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
• Operates as a General Manager over multi units, as well as takes General Manager‘s full
responsibilities/accountability for one property.
• Provide a safe working environment in compliance with local and Unit Statutory Norms.
• Responsible for accident prevention programs.
• Audit to ensure auditoriums, lobbies, lifts, entry and exit passages, parking facilities, projection
room, engineering facilities meet and exceed standards of service and cleanliness standards.
• Coordinate preventive maintenance and general cleaning programs so that guest satisfaction goals are attained.
• Ensure food handler certification is conducted for Team leaders and duty managers, along with
MRP undertaking taken for all operations associates and the team.
• Analyze and implement actions using the MIS indicators on a daily/weekly basis.
• Conduct regional knowledge sharing with Units in the region using to ensure operation learning
• Coordinate corporate initiatives and promotions and ensure effective implementation which is
measurable in monetary terms.
• Identifying trends and making recommendations for improvements.
• Audit a minimum of 2 properties a week and conduct a detailed review using the detailed audit
review points/Checklists. Meet standards.
• Leave no point pending for a duration that is in excess of 7 working days, and escalate all points which are pending in excess of 15 days to the RGM/ RD.
Security & Administrative:
• Ensure property hiring practices comply with company policy requirements and strive for a
culturally diverse work place.
• Interview and select potential and New Unit Managers/other Managers.
• Conduct spot check of CCTV footages to ensure that cash handling – guest entry – Refuel
transactions – wastage disposals are being done as per the specified SOP standards.
• Promote both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Use constructive coaching and counseling when addressing concerns.
• Ensure that all units are compliant with current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and district agencies.
• Have working knowledge of all corporate SOP manuals, and custodial check of existence of such manuals.
• Ensure that Scheduling of Management team (manpower Schedule) includes coverage of weekend and evening hours (Spot check of Duty Rosters).
INOX LEISURE LIMITED
As a flagship venture of USD 3 Billion INOX Group, INOX Leisure Ltd has always worked upon improving the experiences, right from creating a world class infrastructure which is high on comfort and aesthetics, to staying with the latest in the cinema technology space. Ever since commencing operations in the year 2002, INOX has already entertained more than 500 Million guests in its glorious journey. INOX currently operates 658 perfectly appointed screens in 156 multiplexes across 70 cities in the country, INOX continues to get closer to the Indian cinema lovers, and also remain on a growth path which is envied across the globe.
INOX has pioneered plenty of firsts’ in the Indian cinema exhibition industry. INOX operates Megaplex at the Inorbit Mall Malad, Mumbai, a multiplex with highest number of cinema viewing experiences in the world, which is also home to India’s first ScreenX as well as India’s first screen with MX4D® Theater Effects. INOX was the 1st cinema chain in the country to operate a Laserplex, a multiplex with all the screens enabled with Laser Projection. With the grand & immersive IMAX screens already a part of its repertoire, INOX also has to its credit, Mumbai’s first Samsung ONYX LED screen at the Megaplex. INOX’s 7-star cinema viewing experience, INSIGNIA, has emerged as top luxury proposition in the country. INOX’s desire to offer tailor-made experiences to its patrons led to the creation of home-grown formats like the vibrant and lively KIDDLES for the young audience, the smart luxury experience CLUB for the discerning guests and BIGPIX a premium giant screen cinema format.
Driven by the vision of being the most loved cinema brand across the globe, thousands of INOX’s happiness agents working in 68 Indian cities are always on their toes, with open arms, accomplished to bring emotions to life, and win hearts, every single day!