The Company: Cognex Corporation
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” take their work seriously, but don’t take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance, and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
The Team: Technical Support
The Technical Support group is responsible for supporting customers of the most sophisticated Machine Vision software in the world.
Our customers use our products in cutting edge Factory Automation applications to align, measure, recognize, and inspect all types of products from computer chips to chocolate chip cookies. These applications are used in many different industries including consumer goods, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, robotics and electronics. Industrial machine vision technology is used to analyze imagery (intensity, color, density, Z-data, etc.): to detect, identify and localize objects, to make measurements, to inspect for defects, and to read encoded data. In many cases, products simply could not be made without the use of Cognex’s vision technology. Technical support is critical to the overall business to ensure that our customer’s applications are up and running as soon as possible. Engineers in this group typically obtain a broad knowledge of all our products as well as visibility to every other functional area within the company. Success in this role can be a steppingstone to other interesting positions at Cognex.
This group is seeking engineers with a programming background for customer support of vision application development in industrial machine vision. Strong communications skills as well as the temperament to debug and solve difficult problems are needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required:
· Fluency English and Tamil (spoken and written) is mandatory.
· A minimum of 3~5 years of experience in a similar position in factory automation is required. Previous experience of at least one year with machine vision or automation is a MUST.
· Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: C#.Net, VC++, VB.Net.
· Understanding of the PC and networking environment is an absolute must.
· The uppermost qualification is a working attitude of devoting to achieving team goal, and to helping customer to solve their problem in a timely and satisfactory manner.
· Candidate should have good communication, interpersonal, technical, organizational and presentation skills, good analytical and problem-solving skills.