Voyager (94001), India, Bangalore, KarnatakaDirector of Software Engineering (Data management/Data Security)
At Capital One India, we work in a fast paced and intellectually rigorous environment to solve fundamental business problems at scale. Using advanced analytics, data science and machine learning, we derive valuable insights about product and process design, consumer behavior, regulatory and credit risk, and more from large volumes of data, and use it to build cutting edge patentable products that drive the business forward.
Capital One has taken a bold journey to build a technology company, while operating in a complex, highly regulated business. We have built out a large engineering organization, moved to the cloud,
re-architected our applications and data platforms, and embraced machine learning at scale. Our AI/ML capabilities are now at the forefront of what’s possible in banking (e.g., Eno).
As we uncovered new challenges along the way, we built and battle tested new capabilities to meet those needs. We’ve open sourced several of the software tools we built (e.g., Cloud Custodian, Hygieia) and forged new partnerships with other digital leaders (e.g., MSFT).
We’ve developed a suite of internal solutions uniquely designed to meet the challenges of a digital-first, cloud-first business at scale. Today, the Capital One Software team is exploring how these internal solutions across cloud, data, security, governance, and applications could serve the needs of other companies born or built in the cloud.
Capital One Software is a new enterprise B2B software business at Capital One focused on providing cloud and data management solutions for companies operating in the cloud and is Capital One’s first foray into the enterprise software market comes after years spent building our own in-house cloud and data management tools to enable us to operate at scale in the cloud. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
We’re looking for a Director of Software Engineering to join the Capital One Software team!
As a Director of Software Engineering, What You’ll Do:
– Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and teams of developers with deep experience in distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create robust, cloud native, resilient, and highly scalable solutions in data management and security domains
– Is an inspirational leader, has a talent growth strategy by attracting and retaining talent, involved heavily in hiring process and practice, continues to create high levels of energy and motivation through challenges and obstacles, and proactively manages all talent by actively coaching and improving the performance of directs
– Has a strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product and engineering solutions
– Help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices to curate a continual stream of incubated projects and create rapid product prototypes
– Promote a culture of engineering excellence and being well-managed,
using opportunities to reuse and innersource solutions where possible. Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
– Be the guiding force for stakeholders in design and architecture discussions, helping the engineering teams make key technology choices, and staying associated with the use case through its development lifecycle
– Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise at all levels of the organization. Proven collaborator and have the ability to build very strong partnerships with others to gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives
– Bachelor’s Degree
– At least 14 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply) in one or more of the following:
GoLang, Java, Python, React, Rust, or C++
– At least 3 years of experience with one or more cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
– At least 4 years of people management experience
– At least 1 year of experience with Big Data, Data streaming
– At least 1 year of experience in Data Security, Governance and Controls
– At least 1 year of experience with containerization technologies
– Master’s Degree
– 12+ years of experience in software engineering
– 3+ years of experience specifically in two or more: GoLang, Java, Python, Lua, React, Nginx, Rust, or C++
– 5+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
– 2+ years of experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes
– 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
– 7+ years of people management experience including building teams ground up
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at (HIDDEN TEXT) . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to (HIDDEN TEXT)
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
▶️ Director of Software Engineering (Data management/Data Security)
🖊️ Capital One
Job details Salary ₹8,086 – ₹25,000 a month Benefits & Perks Health insurance, Cell phone reimbursement Job Type Full-time Qualifications...Apply For This Job
Not provided by employer Remote work For over 20 years, we have been committed to integrating the best science with...Apply For This Job
Job Responsibilities – Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications – Architect,...Apply For This Job
1. Analysed prospective students application for eligibility and make decisions on the basis of their education. 2. Responsible for processing...Apply For This Job
Description We are hiring a Lead Technical Business Analyst, who have experience designing and developing innovation digital solutions that solve...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary From ₹12,500 a month Benefits & Perks Provident Fund, Health insurance, Paid time off, Paid sick time...Apply For This Job