About us : BT is one of the world’s leading communications services companies. The solutions we sell are integral to modern life. Our purpose is as simple as it is ambitious: we connect for good. There are no limits to what people can do when they connect. And as technology changes our world, connections are becoming even more important to everyday life.
Today, that’s truer than ever. The connections we make are helping solve the world’s biggest challenges such as the global pandemic, climate change and cyber security. Through the power of technology, we’re supporting customers to live, work and play together better.
We connect for good.
Responsibilities & Person Specification:
Role Code: CL-F
Role Title: Team Member
LOB / BU: BT TNGE/TNGC
Typically reports to (role): Software Engineering Manager
Key Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a candidate with strong CS fundamentals which include OOP, Data Structures, front end and Database exposer (SQL or NoSQL) and able to solve complex software problems as an individual contributor. Having good understanding of Java and Angular related technology. The key purpose of the Team Member role is to take ownership of a module assigned, developed and unit tested. Also help in deployment of software code in production and support/fix the issue found from customers. The Team Member will work independently with guidance from Software Engineer/Team Lead and can contribute to pairing with other team members. This will be part of OSS team in BT.
Additionally, the role is accountable for –
• Developing mission critical applications across different platforms
• Ensuring timely delivery of a high-quality overall solutions that meet business requirements
• Collaborating with Developers, Leads, Architects, Delivery Managers.
• Keeping the application up to date by working with IT to test and apply patches and upgrades.
• Learning new processes and multiple technologies.
Overall, Skills and Experience:
(Include skills that in addition to the essential skills are required for the person to perform the role in a better way )
• At least 0-6 months of experience in desired role-specific skills.
• Exposure to OO programming language like Java will be plus.
• Exposure in application frameworks like Spring, Angular will be plus.
• Candidate only with BE /B.Tech degree can apply
Possess 0-6 months of experience in IT doing development.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interest in learning new skills/technologies and curiosity to explore various technologies and solution approaches.
• Understanding of Telecom OSS domain will be additive advantage.
Language Requirements: English
Travel Requirements: No
Benefits: An apprentice will be on 12 months contract and will be paid a stipend of INR 31533 per month .
After 12 months based on availability of roles and performance, they will convert to full time role at BT or they will provided with a certificate.
0 – 1 Years
0 – 3.7 LPA