Job Name : Analyst
Salary : 18000 – 22000 a Months
Exp: 0 – 2 years
Company Name : Barclays
Location : Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Qualification : Graduation
Language : English/Hindi
Job Info –
About Risk and Barclays
Barclays Risk is mandated by the Barclays Board with the overall management and oversight of risk management practices group-wide. It operates across the organisation, and globe to protect Barclays’ financial performance and reputation.
Barclays is inter alia a leading global consumer payments company and a pioneer in new forms of payment. It helps consumers and businesses to make and take payments, and to access short-term credit and point-of-sale finance.
About Consumer Credit Risk India Hub
The Consumer Credit Risk India Hub, based in Noida, supports the different Consumer Credit Risk teams globally in the area of Credit Risk Analytics, Strategy and Portfolio Management. The work can involve New Customer Strategy, Existing Customer Strategy, Risk Appetite, Impairment Analytics, Capital/RWA Analytics, Manual Underwriting and other areas relevant to the Consumer Credit Risk organisation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Overall purpose of role
The purpose of the Consumer Credit Risk team is to drive value through appropriate Risk Management of relevant credit risk analytics and strategies for the portfolios allocated.
- It will involve producing necessary MI and deep-dive analysis to arrive at appropriate conclusions.
- It will be required to present these conclusions at appropriate forums.
- They will also need to drive a culture of continuous improvement and maintain an effective working relationship with stakeholders across functions and locations.
Provide best-in-class analytics (70%)
- Transform high-level requests into focussed and specific analysis
- Extend/ modify analysis based on observations/ knowledge of data and limitations, and implications of results
- Present and communicate results to Senior Management and drive stakeholder discussions
- Contribute to business development activities
- (For Manual Underwriting roles) Ensure a high level of due diligence and credit knowledge in underwriting the exception cases that are referred for manual review.
Improve Internal Processes (10%)
- Identify new opportunities for enhancing/ streamlining services
- Formulate opportunities into proposals, share with the manager and implement
Team Player Activities (10%):
- Work effectively with peers and management team to achieve shared business objectives
- Contribute to the wider colleague agenda of the Barclaycard Risk Strategy India Hub
Stakeholder Management and Leadership (10%)
The key stakeholders of this role will be
- The other members of the Risk team
- Collections, Fraud and other Operations teams
- Commercial and Strategic Analytics teams
- Risk & Governance
The person will need to work effectively with colleagues across these other teams to drive desired outcomes. This includes sharing analytical insights, and presenting / defending these conclusions in appropriate formal and informal forums.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
This is a very high-skilled job. It requires understanding of the portfolio metrics, processes, and P&L.
The role will involve
- deciding appropriate data for any necessary analysis,
- deciding the appropriate analytical framework,
- extracting the necessary data,
- performing the analysis, and
- presenting the results to seniors within the team as well as to the wider stakeholder community
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Conceptual thinking – Strong strategic thinker with good intellect and ability to focus on different parts of the portfolio and their associated value generation. Strong project management skills with the ability to adapt to several projects simultaneously.
- Team work – Commitment and ability to work with, and in, cross-functional and virtual teams – coupled with ability for straight talking.
- Communication – Effectively and concisely communicate key issues and ideas through correspondences and verbally. Interface with seniors effectively. Interface with various departments effectively to ensure project delivery.
- Analytical skills – Ability to problem solve and translate data into relevant risk and business information.
- Innovation – Create appealing and innovative product concepts and communications. Ability to evaluate risk management concepts and communications.
- A degree in an analytical/business related discipline
- Ability to generate insights from data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend action
- Understanding of statistical methods to enable appropriate interpretation of results
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Conceptual thinking – find innovative ways to solve analytical problems
- Ability to deliver accurate results within tight deadlines
- Team work – Commitment and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story
APPLY NOW – https://rb.gy/fxndz1